Yesterday was a very productive day for me. Started by going to pick up a rental car to use for the week while my car is in the repair shop. After that Darren went to work so I cleaned my house! Dusted. Vacuumed. Sanitized the kids' bathroom. Laundry. AAAHH. so nice to have my house in order!
I also made quite a few cards for the upcoming issue of Ready, Set, Create that will go to my mom for her stash (her hints are not so subtle anymore that she is out of cards! LOL).
Somewhere in there I made it to the mall to get mascara and face wash - was a good excuse to put a few miles on that rental car :)
While dinner was in the oven (oven-bbq pork ribs, mashed potatoes, and salad!) I decided to have fun with the kids' lunches. They've been getting their bento's packed but they have been far from cute or fun - I figured I owed them.
Hailee has just 20 minutes in the cafeteria at school - so I don't give her a lot of things, but I do make sure she gets full - and I'm careful knowing if I give her "junk" she won't eat what she's supposed to because of no time! So she has ham and cheese acorn sandwiches with cucumber flowers tucked around it. Then she has a cut up kiwi, ranch for the cucumber, and a little bit of chocolate for dessert. I added some bear picks (bears are in the woods and acorns are on trees in the woods so it all goes, right?) for the cute factor knowing she'll appreciate it.
Braden's lunch is a bit different. He comes to the daycare where I work after school and he likes a snack first, then he'll eat lunch a little bit later - he's there for 3 hours so he has time. For the snack I have some baked Cheetos. He will eat those first along with the grapes maybe. Along with that he has a peanut butter & jelly sandwich with a cheese acorn on top. Carrots and ranch and a piece chocolate finish it off. I will also take some applesauce or yogurt in case he eats it all and wants something else since we do have some errands to do after work today.So there is my Sunday wrap up (on Monday). It was a good day - the only thing I think I should have squeezed in is a nap! But I did get to sleep until 8am on Saturday and 8:30 on Sunday, so I really can't complain. But I get up at 5am four days/week but never get to bed early, so weekends are my catch up time!
Have a great week - I'll try to post again soon with some camping pictures and videos!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Productive.
Posted by Corey W. at 5:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You busy Mom/Housewife you!
Wow, just 20 minutes! Speedy feeding indeed, can't imagine doing that! The kiwis give a great pop of color.
Post a Comment